Sign in to follow this  
Freaker13

Direct3DCreate9 Debug output error still need help

hi, When i call Direct3DCreate9() i get the folowing in my debug output: irect3D9: :====> ENTER: DLLMAIN(00e23950): Process Attach: 0000086c, tid=00000870 Direct3D9: (WARN) :Executing processor detection code (benign first-chance exception possible) Direct3D9: (INFO) :MMX detected Direct3D9: (INFO) :Pentium Pro CPU features (fcomi, cmov) detected Direct3D9: (INFO) :dwCPUFamily = 6, dwCPUFeatures = 7 Direct3D9: (INFO) :szCPUString = AuthenticAMD Direct3D9: :====> EXIT: DLLMAIN(00e23950): Process Attach: 0000086c Direct3D9: (INFO) :Direct3D9 Debug Runtime selected. Direct3D9: :Device doesn't support mip-maps Direct3D9: (ERROR) :HAL Disabled: Device doesn't support texturing Direct3D9: :Device doesn't support mip-maps Direct3D9: (ERROR) :HAL Disabled: Device doesn't support texturing Direct3D9: (ERROR) :HAL Disabled: Device doesn't support texturing I have an Asus geforce fx5200 and installed the latest drivers from their site. thx in advance [Edited by - Freaker13 on September 2, 2004 6:18:08 PM]

1) Have you recently upgraded your graphics card? If so, when you were uninstalling the previous card's drivers did you follow the instructions and go back to plain "standard" VGA only drivers? - or did you just install the new drivers over the top of the old ones?

If it's the latter, then go back to a plain Microsoft VGA driver, uninstall ALL graphics drivers, and then reinstall the new drivers for your graphics card.

2) Does your motherboard have integrated graphics (possibly plain VGA) that you aren't using? If so, then when you create D3D, the enumeration may be picking that up as an active device. Look closely in DXDIAG, that should show you which devices D3D will see as being available.