• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

emulating a joystick???

This topic is 4922 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

How can I make a generic piece of software create an object that shows up as or emulates a joystick to the windows OS. I have a piece of hardware that sends data to an AtoD card. We analyze the data and provide a direction/speed etc. I want this to be mapped to joystick data that any generic software that uses a joystick can use. Any standard way to do this???

Advertisement
See the Windows DDK for a sample that creates a system object (driver) emulating a real joystick.

I have written something similar to your project few years ago - but I do regret that the project files are under a NDA between my company and my client's, so I cannot give the code for you.

What you're about to do is actually very easy, if you know your way around driver writing in general. Almost all other device types have way more code involved.

Kind regards,
-Nik

Thanks for the lead...I have done some work with AtoD and other work reading devices...but no drivers...looks like that't about to change!

Thanks again,
Ryan

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement