Animation in RTS

Started by
1 comment, last by nife 19 years, 7 months ago
Hi; Can somebody say what is the kind of animation system used in games such Warcraft3, Age of Mythology, or any game that has a lot of characters at the same time on screen, and a lot of animation?
Advertisement
See that button to the right of faq at the top right? It has the text "search". Put your subject title in there and you will find your answer.
____________________________________________________________AAAAA: American Association Against Adobe AcrobatYou know you hate PDFs...
Quote:Original post by Coluna
Hi;
Can somebody say what is the kind of animation system used in games such Warcraft3, Age of Mythology, or any game that has a lot of characters at the same time on screen, and a lot of animation?

That's very easy (for the 2D RTS's).
The sprites is images of prerendered 3D models which, most likely, used keyframe animation of some sort.
They used 8 sprites for the directions, so they used alot of images...
Anyway, Age of Empires I + II, Warcraft I + II and all the games made by the Age of Empires II engine, of course (Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds for instance), used images with keyframing and 8 directions, some used 16.
The RTS's with 3D models (eg. Warcraft 3, Age of Mythology and such) I have no idea about, but keyframing is also possible, but I don't know for sure...
Killers don't end up in jailThey end up on a high-score!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement