DirectX9 GUI test

Started by
34 comments, last by MichaelT 19 years, 7 months ago
Hello all, as you might know, I have been working on an UI for DX9. Here is the first test, and I would like to know how it performs on diffrent 3D Cards. If you would test it, I would be very happy :) http://www.microtower.com/temp/ui_test.zip PS. Dont worry about resizing the main window, i did not write the code to handle the internal resizeing of the UI. Also, when in Fullscreen mode (toggle by Alt+Enter) the Caption bar of the window will "flip" abit, as the FPS is displayed here. This test, is simply to see if I got the DX9 code to work as intended, my first try at DX9 :) The GUI was coded from the start to work on Interfaces, (this is also my first try at doing interfaces) so that other users can use the .dll, as i plan on releasing the GUI when I have it ready :)
Advertisement
Absolutely amazing! Your work is professional quality and I could just imagine seeing that in a game. The only bug I noticed was that words didn't wrap in the text box but that shouldn't be hard to fix. And trust me, that bug is nothing compared to all the work you must have put into this. Great job!
looks great! the only issue i had was when i went into fullscreen mode, the background image didn't stretch. the internal windows could be moved to the 'extra' space, which was blue. not sure if you have code in to handle this yet -- i see you mention it for resizing the main window.
Runs great on my ATI Radeon Mobility 9700

Nice work, your controls look good and are very smooth in their interactions.

Constructive critisism:
You shouldn't be able to scroll more than a single line past the bottom of a list box.
Running Xp pro SP 1
Access Viaolation at Address 0037ce in module dmx9.dll read of address 00000000
Ran nice Nvidia FX GO 5600 @ 290fps

its a 3.02 hyperthread processor running XP. looks great btw.

--Brad
--X
Quote:Original post by microcyb
Running Xp pro SP 1
Access Viaolation at Address 0037ce in module dmx9.dll read of address 00000000

yeah, got that once. But apart from that it's absolutely amazing, terrific work!
I got an access violation, too.

ATI Mobility 4, 32 mb.
Running on a GeForce 6800 GT and P4 2.66Gz.

Windowed mode: ~800 FPS
Bugs:
- Just starting up the program:

- Maximizing a window

Fullscreen: ? FPS
Bugs:
- Starting up in some resolutions result in something similar to what happens in windowed mode.
- Maximizing a window

Edit:
And when I played around with resizing some windows:

There were some other problems related to resizing too but I didn't take any screenshots. I can do it if you want me to.

Looks great :)

- Benny -

[Edited by - benstr on September 2, 2004 5:49:46 PM]
-Benny-
Nice GUI. I could get the same textured look if I really wanted, but here's a few notes that may improve your UI:
1. Use higher resolution fonts.
2. Don't use scrambled repeated textures in background, that worsens the text above it.
3. And keep up the good work! :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement