Sign in to follow this  
Elsenhans2

Need help with OpenGL and MFC

Hi folks! I'm a total newbie in the field of OpenGL and MFC programming. I managed to run an OpenGL child window within a dialog window, added some controls to it and made some objects rotate by mouse. Now I have two problems: 1 - Where can I place OpenGL commands to set up the OpenGL scene and the camera? I tried to put them everywhere but nothing ever happened. 2 - Where can I create display lists? It's like with problem number one, I put them everywhere and nothing happened. I adapted my code from the tutorial "How to Create a CHILD OpenGL Window in a Dialog" by Marc Guy on www.codeguru.com I hope these questions are not too stupid and maybe someone can answer them. Thank you in advance, Elsenhans

Actually, it's quite a bit, to tackle both (MFC _and_ OpenGL) in one shot (in my opinion at least).
So, maybe it would be easier to start off with either one of the two first.

Great OpenGL tutorials are the NeHe tutorials here on GameDev.net (doesn't know the link right now, but you shouldn't have any trouble finding them).

MFC actually is a mess (again: My opinion) and I don't know any good tutorials for them, but try MSDN and google.

As for your questions, you will find that they are both covered in the NeHe tutorials. Once you understand the architecture of OpenGL it will become easy---to understand the structure, read NeHe :-)

Have fun!! And good luck!