TwinView

Started by
2 comments, last by NicoDeLuciferi 19 years, 7 months ago
I just hooked up another monitor to my nvidia card (GeForce 4 4200) using a DVI->VGA converter and added these lines to my XF86Config-4 file:
Option "TwinView" "1"
Option "MetaModes" "1024x768,1024x768"
Option "SecondMonitorHorizSync"     "30-70"
Option "SecondMonitorVertRefresh"   "50-100"
Option "TwinViewOrientation"    "LeftOf"
The thing is that OpenGL stuff doesn't work. Windowed mode stuff is garbled and fullscreen stuff is displayed WAY over on one side of my right monitor with half the picture offscreen. It's not working right at all. What do I need to do?
I like the DARK layout!
Advertisement
I've never heard of TwinView... Xinerama doesn't work?

Should jsut be a matter of setting up two screens and defining one of them as LeftOf the other.
I haven't tried Xinerama since I had two different video cards installed a couple years ago. I figured TwinView'd work better since it comes straight from nvidia.

Anyways I got windowed mode to work but fullscreen still acts funky.
I like the DARK layout!
You can setup two devices instead of using twinview that might work better.

For instance:

Section "Device"        Identifier  "nvidia0"        Driver      "nvidia"        BusID       "PCI:1:0:0"        BoardName       "0x0250"        VideoRam    131072        Option      "NoLogo" "True"        Screen          1EndSectionSection "Device"        Identifier "nvidia1"        Driver     "nvidia"        BusID      "PCI:1:0:0"        Option     "NoLogo" "True"        Screen     0EndSectionSection "ServerLayout"        Identifier     "Simple Layout"        Screen         0 "Screen1"                 Screen         1 "Screen0" leftOf "Screen1"        InputDevice    "Mouse1" "CorePointer"        InputDevice    "Keyboard1" "CoreKeyboard"EndSection

or something like that :)
You need to setup corresponding "Screen" and "Monitor" sections too, of course.

hope it helps..

/Nico

edit: added code tag

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement