Javascript Games tutorials

Started by
8 comments, last by benryves 19 years, 7 months ago
Do any of you know where I can get a tutorial on &#106avascript games, how to make them.
Advertisement
I used to make games in &#106avascript. However, I got sick of it because of incompatibilities between NS and IE. Of course this was back when lots of people were using NS4. Now days it's not so bad. Though if anyone is caught with NS4 these days they ought to be shot!<br><br>Anyways, try google to get some resources. There are tons of them =)<br><br>http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=&#106avascript+games
How about using &#106avascript to script a game?
He must mean Java, cause I've never heard of programming games in JS.
You can do games in &#106avascript. One time, I saw an entire lemmings game written purely with &#106avascript.<br><br>I wouldn't recommend it, though. It's like shooting yourself in the foot.
Hmm, I would not reccommend trying to do a game in &#106avascript. There are too many differences between browers, and it's just not very convient. If you are looking for something simple, try using python and pygame (SDL bindings for python). &#106avascript is really not a general purpose kind of thing...
It is foolish for a wise man to be silent, but wise for a fool.
Quote:Original post by KingRage
He must mean Java, cause I've never heard of programming games in JS.

Here's a game I wrote.
100% JScript [grin]

[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]

&#106avascript 3D</a> tutorials from our good buddy, KalvinB.
That &#106avascript 3d stuff is amazing. I never thought I'd play JS Wolfenstein [grin]
Quote:Original post by Andrew Russell
&#106avascript 3D tutorials from our good buddy, KalvinB.

Meh; using tables = slow.
ASCII all the way, baby!

[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement