• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Zira

Never ever....

This topic is 5040 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Try to code a c++ program into a c# compiler. So I had written my psudocode, written my program based on it on paper...So I sit down to code it into my brand-spanking-new 2003 visual studio.net compiler! Should only take an hour at most right to get a few hundred line program written in right? Well 5 hours later I am pulling my hair out wakeing up my neighbors because I am screaming at my computer "WHY WON'T YOU WORK!!! STUPID POS YOU SHOULD WORK!! DAMMIT THAT DOSEN'T WORK EITHER WHY DOSEN'T THAT WORK!!!".... Then it hit me. I was NOT codeing c++ into a c++ compiler. I Was codeing c++ into a c# compiler.....So I promptly copy/paste what I had done so far into the right compiler window, and wohla-all the little red lines under half the statements dissapear. Of all the stupid reasons I am going to have to explain to my professor about why I haven't found that stupid gene yet....(task is thus: Take a annotated text file of known and predicted genes of salmonella Tryphirtum, copy the genes into the program one by one, analyze them useing a non-standard genetic code for protein composition, compare that composition against the protein composition for Cysteine Desulfhydrase found in a 30 year old paper that nobody ever did any followup work on.)

Advertisement
Congratulations, you're an idiot [grin]
We all do it at some point or another... Like me trying to test a Java game was writing and wondering why the version I was trying on my phone was working completely differently to the version on my PC - turns out I hadn't hit "Package" since I'd implemented a load of changes and was using a really old version.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!