Never ever....

Started by
3 comments, last by IronWolf 19 years, 7 months ago
Try to code a c++ program into a c# compiler. So I had written my psudocode, written my program based on it on paper...So I sit down to code it into my brand-spanking-new 2003 visual studio.net compiler! Should only take an hour at most right to get a few hundred line program written in right? Well 5 hours later I am pulling my hair out wakeing up my neighbors because I am screaming at my computer "WHY WON'T YOU WORK!!! STUPID POS YOU SHOULD WORK!! DAMMIT THAT DOSEN'T WORK EITHER WHY DOSEN'T THAT WORK!!!".... Then it hit me. I was NOT codeing c++ into a c++ compiler. I Was codeing c++ into a c# compiler.....So I promptly copy/paste what I had done so far into the right compiler window, and wohla-all the little red lines under half the statements dissapear. Of all the stupid reasons I am going to have to explain to my professor about why I haven't found that stupid gene yet....(task is thus: Take a annotated text file of known and predicted genes of salmonella Tryphirtum, copy the genes into the program one by one, analyze them useing a non-standard genetic code for protein composition, compare that composition against the protein composition for Cysteine Desulfhydrase found in a 30 year old paper that nobody ever did any followup work on.)
Advertisement
Congratulations, you're an idiot [grin]
We all do it at some point or another... Like me trying to test a Java game was writing and wondering why the version I was trying on my phone was working completely differently to the version on my PC - turns out I hadn't hit "Package" since I'd implemented a load of changes and was using a really old version.

[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]

heh thanks for the laugh:)
Quote:Original post by BosskIn Soviet Russia, you STFU WITH THOSE LAME JOKES!
Hehehe!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------"Ask not what humanity can do for you, ask what you can do for humanity." - By: Richard D. Colbert Jr.
LMAO! Sorry you had to go through it but it sure made my day a little brighter.

"If you are not willing to try, you will never succeed!"GrellinC++ Game Programming

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement