Sign in to follow this  
doho

Lost keyboard events in DirectInput

DirectInput misses the release event from the keyboard if I simultaneously press five keys and then release one. Using buffered DirectInput events and reading the state both give me the information that the key is still beeing pressed. GetAsyncKeyState however, never shows the fifth key as beeing pressed. I have a Microsoft Natural Keyboard Pro with an USB and PS2 interface and this problem only occurs when I'm using the PS2 interface! Do your games account for this behaviour?

Quote:
Original post by FoxHunter2
Apart from your question: Why would anybody on earth want to press five keys at the same time?
By accident, multiplayer on a single keyboard..

This could also be the result of limitations in the ps/2 interface and the internal circuits in the keyboard. I have a similar problem where I can only press three keys simultaneously on my Logitech ps/2 KB, but not any three keys, it only works with some, wich is seriously annoying. My advice would be to test your game on as many different keyboard / interface combinations as possible, to determine if you are hitting a hardware limitation or something in Direct Input / Win32.