Sign in to follow this  
Tiberius

Managed DirectX Question

I recently decided to try and learn a bit about managed DirectX and ran into a problem I can't seem to solve. When I try to set the cooperative level for a keyboard device I always get an InputException. As far as I can tell, I am following Tom Miller's code example exactly. Any ideas? Thanks all.
try
{
        device = new Device(SystemGuid.Keyboard);
	device.SetCooperativeLevel(this,CooperativeLevelFlags.Background | CooperativeLevelFlags.NonExclusive);
	device.Acquire();
}
catch (InputException e)
{

MessageBox.Show(e.Message, "error");

}

Hi all,

Unfortunately, InputException is the exact error. I am not getting one of the derived errors that inherits from InputException. I have placed catch blocks for all of the possible InputException types (and taken out the generic InputException) and I just get an "Exception not handled" error, so I have been unable to pin down exactly what it is complaining about.

The e.message message is simply "Error in application". I have even gone into the debugger and looked at every single field of e (boy there are a lot) and there is absolutly no message that is more specific as to what is wrong. They all just have this generic InputException.

"this" refers to the form. I have tried replacing it with the actual name of the form, but got the same results.

thanks again