quickedit in console apps

Started by
1 comment, last by oliii 19 years, 7 months ago
I'm writing a console app for a dedicated server, using the Win32 Console API. Pretty painless so far, except for the darn mouse inputs pausing/unpausing the application, like when pressing PAUSE (which is fine). If you guys run GLUT applications, you'll know what I mean. I tracked the problem down to disabling the quickedit in the console window properties, since I couldn't find anything useful in the console app to disable mouse inputs. This is rather like a cumbersome way to do it, so I was wondering if anyone has a better idea? It seems to require to modify a registery key, and I really don't want to do that. Or point me to something I missed in the API? I just don't want any freaking mouse inputs interfering with the console. cheers.

Everything is better with Metal.

Advertisement
Have you looked at the SetConsoleMode api?
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - the Laughing Man
yeah, what setconsolemode() does, is let you handle the mouse inputs (like mouse position, buttons, ...), so it catches that fine, but it STILL pause the application. It's not like in a callback or anything. You have to read inputs, and that returns events. But it's a one way process. You can't tell the console window to forget about it.

microsoft buggery....

Everything is better with Metal.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement