help initialise DInput under dx 9.0b

Started by
3 comments, last by Stevieboy 19 years, 7 months ago
Hi, can any one help me to get dinput working with dx 9. The error message I'm getting is that the CREATE8 function (the one which initialises direct input), is undefined. I thought it was something I was doing wrong, but I even tried out the "scrawl" program from the sdk and that gave the exact same error. I've done all the things I've found on the boards including defining direct 8, defining initguid, making sure I have the right lib files, but it still doesn't work. I'm using directx 9.0b, windows xp and msvc 6.0. Thanks very much.
Advertisement
CREATE8 ??
I thought it was IDirectInputDevice8::CreateDevice, or am I getting confused with something else?

in general if you are getting problems in the compiler, theres something wrong with you .h files, if you are getting them in the linker, theres something wrong with your .lib files, of course this is assuming you are using a function that exists and is spelled right
also make sure that its not compiling with the old dx sdk thats included with msvc 6, that will cause a lot of problems. make sure the dx9 include and lib dirs are at the top of the list in the tools->options->directories include/lib config page
Thanks sorry about the function name, I have to run backward and forward between computers, my own one isn't on line, and I forgot the name of it. I'll go and try what you said.
yeah that works now
thanks

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement