[web] Sound on webpages?

Started by
6 comments, last by GameDev.net 19 years, 7 months ago
I googled and got nothing :-/ I know your not "supposed" to do it but this website is more for my enjoyment so anyone wanna explain to me how? ALso what filetypes can you play. BTW i'm talking about bg music.
Favorite Quotes:Gandalf: You cannot pass!|Smeagol: We don't need you!|Sloth: Hey you guys!|
Advertisement
Heh i figured it out by going to a webpage with a bg song and clicking view-source :)
Solution:
<bgsound src="NAME" loop="1">
Loop 1 means plays 1ce if u use -1 it loops forever :)
Favorite Quotes:Gandalf: You cannot pass!|Smeagol: We don't need you!|Sloth: Hey you guys!|
I don't like webpages with background music. Buttons that make a sound when you click on them, ok... but background music? NOooooo! I'm playing my own MP3's already, if I have to hear some bg music from some site at the same time, but back button is the only way out.
If bg music were cool, gamedev and google would have had it, but they don't.
The bgsound-tag isn't valid HTML? (it's InternetExplorer HTML)
oic btw i was going to try and use &#106avascript to change the background sound if a stop button is pushed bgsound.source='';
Use flash to contain it if you feel the need. It allows you to have an attractive control set up, multiple songs if you're insane enough, and can import a stack of formats.

Since it's just for personal use, you could also probably look at the Modplug Plugin from www.modplug.com.

- Jason Astle-Adams

Quote:Original post by Kazgoroth
Use flash to contain it if you feel the need. It allows you to have an attractive control set up, multiple songs if you're insane enough, and can import a stack of formats.

Since it's just for personal use, you could also probably look at the Modplug Plugin from www.modplug.com.

Noooooooooooooo!
If you use the bgsound tag at least you can click the "Stop" button on the toolbar to stop it playing [sad]
Unless you make the Flash thing visible with a nice big STOP button.
Otherwise, you're site is going to the realm of the 'The Killer Japanese Seizure Robots!'

[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]

I'm not sure but you can use the EMBED tag. I never used it myself though.

http://www.htmlcodetutorial.com/embeddedobjects/_EMBED.html

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement