Not ALL sounds are created equal??

Started by
2 comments, last by dhanji 19 years, 7 months ago
Hello everyone, basically I'm using the DirectSound Framework provided with the DirectX9 SDK to play .wav files. The problem I'm having is that when I use the play method (from the CSound interface) the wave file plays fine, but when it tries to play when another program is running (for example I try this test while playing mp3 music files using media jukebox), I can only hear the omp3 files playing and not my program's sound playing. Is this a priority issue? How can I fix this so that my program's sound can be heard no matter what other window is up? Thx for all your help!!! ~Bolt
~Bolt"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible." This I did...
Advertisement
POP - >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Anyone????
~Bolt"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible." This I did...
Have you tried playing with the SetCooperativeLevel function?
Maybe you are playing on the default audiopath? If you are using DirectSound then you will need to create a separate audiopath for each independent stream you wish to hear (which is limited by the sound card I believe), thou u may be able to support more on software...

I'd dump MFC and use DirectMusic instead, imho.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement