python

Started by
3 comments, last by xenogaska 19 years, 7 months ago
I was wondering im looking into hobby game programing and really like python and have been looking at the soya3d engine can any1 tell me if using things such as this engine would be a good idea?
Advertisement
I don't know anything about soya3d, but just some in general advice from experience.

The best thing you can do is to at least try to write your own engine. I realize you're only doing this as a hobby, but if you're going to do 3d then the truth is you're going to be investing a lot of time no matter what. If you don't understand the funadamentals behind the 3d it's going to be difficult to understand what happens when you have a problem with the engine. I'd love to write more, but I have to go eat some dinner. Good luck. Have fun. Ask questions.
"I am Galstaff sorceror of light!""Then how come you had to cast magic missile?"
Thanx so does any1 have any connections to some good tutorials and should i also learn c language since python might be allitle slow all alone?
There are alot of things you will have to worry about programming, but speed is not one of them. Feel free to learn C++, but do so because you like the language, or need to use some of it's lower level abilities, or just want to be learning the standard, not because it is faster.

*steps off soapbox*

Anyway, for decent beginner C++ tutorials, I have heard Game Tutorials is pretty decent, though I don't know (I am a VB/C# programmer). Also, if you know the basics of any language, it shouldn't be too hard to learn another language.

Hope that helps a little.
Sean Henley [C++ Tutor]Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
k thanx that works its just im afraid python might not be able to support the speed and im thinking of learning c since python is very compatible with c and not c++ (yet) do other people think this is a good idea?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement