Sign in to follow this  
Zira

Need some help with MS Visual Studio 2003.net

Well I recently got it, wrote my program on it...Ironed out the bugs, but it still won't compile. By searching I have found out that I need libraries that didn't come by default to use the functions that did come by default(WTF???) Here is the error, other people have had problems with it too(even one on this very board, but that message exists no longer). nafxcwd.lib(thrdcore.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __endthreadex referenced in function "void __stdcall AfxEndThread(unsigned int,int)" (?AfxEndThread@@YGXIH@Z) nafxcwd.lib(thrdcore.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __beginthreadex referenced in function "public: int __thiscall CWinThread::CreateThread(unsigned long,unsigned int,struct _SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES *)" (?CreateThread@CWinThread@@QAEHKIPAU_SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES@@@Z) jklkljjk/GeneFind.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals Which libraries am I missing exactly and where do I put them?

Did you include process.h in your program?
Also, by default, the libraries you're looking for could be found in this file path:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\Lib
If you installed Studio.net somewhere else then you can still find it by just doing a search for a folder called "VC98". You'll notice that this is found in a folder called "Microsoft Visual Studio" and not "Microsoft Visual Studio.net", which has a lib file with next to nothing in it.
Having said all that, I can't be entirely certain that VC98 lib folder will be on your computer unless you've installed Microsoft Visual Studio 6 before. That sounds confusing and stupid, but maybe I've given you something to fumble around with.

Oh, and the libraries you're missing are:

LIBCMT.LIB, MSVCRT.LIB, LIBCMTD.LIB, and MSVCRTD.LIB

To put these in your project, just right-click on the project name in your Solution Explorer(look around till you find those words) and click "Add Existing File". It pops up a thing that lets you search for the file or files you want to add and voila' you're done.