[web] NO IDEA HOW TO USE PHP AND MYSQL

Started by
10 comments, last by benryves 19 years, 7 months ago
Well I signed up for webhosting with phpmyadmin i created a mysql database called ssjcory_database. What do i do now? It says something about a table and fields and something anyone know anything about this stuff?
Favorite Quotes:Gandalf: You cannot pass!|Smeagol: We don't need you!|Sloth: Hey you guys!|
Advertisement
have you tried doing a google search for PHP and MySQL?
Yes and it is extremely confussing to find good info so far tho i figured out how to set up the table. I have a table 2 char fields of 20 each and the first field is name second is pass. What do i do to do something tho? I'm confussed.
The reason they are so difficult to understand is they are done with the mysql / php installed on the persons computer. But I am using a webhost with php and mysql. It has these things that make the code for you but i cant figure them out :-/
Favorite Quotes:Gandalf: You cannot pass!|Smeagol: We don't need you!|Sloth: Hey you guys!|
First before you even go to php+mysql, learn the sql syntax first. Do you know how to use the SELECT, INSERT, DROP, UPDATE, etc. functions for a query for the database?
Go to www.w3schools.com out in the left frame ther is server scripting and under that ther is "learn SQL" and "learn PHP".

Lizard
first thing you should do is figure out if you are using php version 4.2 or later and if so if register_globals is off.
It will save you a lot of rewriting of code since I've noticed a lot of older books and tutorials assumes register_globals is on!
[size="2"]Don't talk about writing games, don't write design docs, don't spend your time on web boards. Sit in your house write 20 games when you complete them you will either want to do it the rest of your life or not * Andre Lamothe
Install apache, PHP and MySQL on your own computer, then you can play around with it easier.

Then find a tutorial on PHP, and see if you can figure it out.

Lots of people here can help you, but you'll have to be a lot more specific about what you need.

You haven't told us what you're trying to do, only that you dont know how to use SQL.
You should go to www.phpfreaks.net!
Quote:Original post by Spoonster
Install apache, PHP and MySQL on your own computer, then you can play around with it easier.

Then find a tutorial on PHP, and see if you can figure it out.

Lots of people here can help you, but you'll have to be a lot more specific about what you need.

You haven't told us what you're trying to do, only that you dont know how to use SQL.

I had apache installed before but i dont remember the little kit that i downloaded with all of it easy to set up. It was one program darn i cant remember anyone else know?
Download Xitami (server program), download PHP (serverscripting).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement