• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
xenogaska

3d engine?

This topic is 5159 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

K sorry uhh i allready asked this in my other post how to make a game engine (as in if there were any good tutorials) and sorry for this double post (if u ppl hate it then i promise i wont do it again) but im 13 yr.s old and have done programing for 1 yr. now and like python (im just begining it though) so does any1 have any hints or tutorials or help to give me?

Advertisement
First allow me to encourage you to continure on your path. I wish I had started programming when I was 12. If you continue to work hard at it, you'll rock before you're even out of highschool.
If you're serious about learning how to program games, you should probably learn C and C++. Knowing Python is a good thing to have in your pocket, but C and C++ are very important. But if you'd really just rather stick to Python, then you might try and get a hold of this book: "Game Programming with Python".

However, should you be willing to forge into the brave direction of C and C++, I would suggest checking out the section on this site that contains books for beginners: click here. Try reading one of the books on C++. You can also learn about C++ at this website: click here.

All that should hold you for a while. Once you understand the basic concepts of C++ and game-building, you can use DirectX or OpenGL to help you create a game. I personally use DirectX, and would recommend this site: www.32bits.co.uk

Thank you for the information i havent chosen c++ cause it seems allitle hard right now...but i think i can give it a shot...but does any1 else have any ifo.? i would be glad to get as much help as possible.

Im 14 and have been programming since i was 11, i strongly recommend starting out with C++.(I did and it worked for me :P)

I'd say that programming a 3D engine is just a bit over your head right now, but you show the initiative you'll need later, that's for sure!

I'll have to agree with the other guys, C or one of its derivates (C++ or C#) would be the way to go if you're doing games programming. Good luck on your chosen path! I didn't start programming until I was 20, so you're already well ahead of me

Quote:
Yeah that makes sense...so wat do most ppl think is the most comfortable c++ compiler (free one)

Google for Dev-C++

btw. I'm 16 and have been programming since I was 12. I started with Visual Basic and then turned to C++, it really isn't that hard if u already have some basic general programming knowledge. I'd recommend book Thinking in C++.

thanx yeah i think this one looks like it will work well... yeah i began last year with qbasic and have been working my way up i havent used visual basic though.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!