3d engine?

Started by
10 comments, last by Matei 19 years, 7 months ago
K sorry uhh i allready asked this in my other post how to make a game engine (as in if there were any good tutorials) and sorry for this double post (if u ppl hate it then i promise i wont do it again) but im 13 yr.s old and have done programing for 1 yr. now and like python (im just begining it though) so does any1 have any hints or tutorials or help to give me?
Advertisement
First allow me to encourage you to continure on your path. I wish I had started programming when I was 12. If you continue to work hard at it, you'll rock before you're even out of highschool.
If you're serious about learning how to program games, you should probably learn C and C++. Knowing Python is a good thing to have in your pocket, but C and C++ are very important. But if you'd really just rather stick to Python, then you might try and get a hold of this book: "Game Programming with Python".

However, should you be willing to forge into the brave direction of C and C++, I would suggest checking out the section on this site that contains books for beginners: click here. Try reading one of the books on C++. You can also learn about C++ at this website: click here.

All that should hold you for a while. Once you understand the basic concepts of C++ and game-building, you can use DirectX or OpenGL to help you create a game. I personally use DirectX, and would recommend this site: www.32bits.co.uk
Thank you for the information i havent chosen c++ cause it seems allitle hard right now...but i think i can give it a shot...but does any1 else have any ifo.? i would be glad to get as much help as possible.
Everything seems hard until you try it.
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Looking for video game music? Check out some of my samples at http://www.youtube.c...ser/cminortunes            

I'm currently looking to create music for a project, if you are interested e-mail me at cminortunes@gmail.com    

Please only message me for hobby projects, I am not looking to create music for anything serious.
Im 14 and have been programming since i was 11, i strongly recommend starting out with C++.(I did and it worked for me :P)
"He had surived everything, developing a faciltiy that was the envy of players every where on the net. He was the most famous character in the Middle country game,recruited for every battle..first choice for every important task"
k that helps thank u all for ur help.
I'd say that programming a 3D engine is just a bit over your head right now, but you show the initiative you'll need later, that's for sure!

I'll have to agree with the other guys, C or one of its derivates (C++ or C#) would be the way to go if you're doing games programming. Good luck on your chosen path! I didn't start programming until I was 20, so you're already well ahead of me
Eskil
Yeah that makes sense...so wat do most ppl think is the most comfortable c++ compiler (free one)
Quote:Yeah that makes sense...so wat do most ppl think is the most comfortable c++ compiler (free one)

Google for Dev-C++

btw. I'm 16 and have been programming since I was 12. I started with Visual Basic and then turned to C++, it really isn't that hard if u already have some basic general programming knowledge. I'd recommend book Thinking in C++.
thanx yeah i think this one looks like it will work well... yeah i began last year with qbasic and have been working my way up i havent used visual basic though.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement