VB6: Postmessage and Alt+F

Started by
2 comments, last by Trashcann 19 years, 7 months ago
I am trying to use postmessage to trigger a menu bar (like Alt-F), but no matter how much I search, I keep finding an answer that does not work. I have copied the wparam and lparam from spy++ for the Alt-F, and it still doesn't work. When I click 'postmessage', it just dings the speaker. So far I have gathered that it may be due to fAltDown not being set when I postmessage, but nothing seems to work to set that. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
ermokwww.truevision3d.com
Advertisement
i'm not big on VB and i don't have it installed right now, but in VC++ you'd want to post wParam = "F" and lParam = 536870912. or setting 30th bit of an integer to one (if you need to AND). let me know if this works.
As your leader, I encourage you from time to time, and always in a respectful manner, to question my logic. If you're unconvinced that a particular plan of action I've decided is the wisest, tell me so, but allow me to convince you and I promise you right here and now, no subject will ever be taboo. Except, of course, the subject that was just under discussion. The price you pay for bringing up either my Chinese or American heritage as a negative is - I collect your f***ing head.
What message do you use ? I did not test it but I would use the WM_SYSKEYDOWN message (or simple : the WM_SYSCHAR).

wParam is VK_F and bit 29 of the lParam is 1 (other bits : just look at spy++)

HTH,
I'm using syskeydown, and I have tried setting lparam to 536870912, but it still just dinged.
ermokwww.truevision3d.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement