Poll! (sort of)

Started by
15 comments, last by Tiffany_Smith 19 years, 7 months ago
I'm sure this has been asked before, however, Who here actually has a job in the game devlopment industry (including art and or programming of course)? Be as specific as you can as far as what you do and what it is like in the place you work. [cool]
Advertisement
I'm a programming student, proud member of the IGDA and am staff at Games-ART. Does that count?
Rob Loach [Website] [Projects] [Contact]
Don't have a steady job in games, but I have done a few freelance things (non-programming) for a couple of games, one of which was published, and one is still in development. Probably not what you're looking for though. All of the work I did was from my house, so I can't help you there :-p.
I almost have a job in a company who are almost in the game industry...

Next month I start at ARM, who designed the processor at the heart of the GBA, amongst many other things.
I have recieved paychecks from 5 real game companies. ;)
I did have a job interview with bigworldtech here in Sydney ... does that count :)
The game development industry is a broad range of talent and services. Anyone involved with the development of a game, including management and production and quality assurance, are considered game developers. I own a a strategic branding studio which is listed in the contractor database on Gamasutra. So we're offering creative services to game development companies. I'd say that counts.
I have officially worked at a company called Numbermind studios, who are best known for releasing a few open-source graphics engines and then coming to a grinding halt.
____________Numbermind StudiosCurrently in hibernation.
I work with making mobile phone games. I'm currenly working on one of the "big movies'" game (Dunno if I can say what movie, so I won't) all pretty cool.

I work from home. I love the job, sometimes it just feels too easy and not as a real job :) But it pays the bills. Why it feels so easy and not as a real job is because now I work with what I usually do in my free time. Actualy I like as much working on our current project as any of my own projects. Feels pretty good to be a team working, cause if you have a bad day you know work is still getting done on the project.

The only problem is that I spend all weekdays working. I mean, I work all day, but I spend time here and in the none-existant-place. And take breaks to watch some TV, go out for a run. But I'm never really off the job during the weekdays(and I mostly work on sunday too, if not code I atleast think about how to do stuff). But this is probably the result of getting to do something I really like.

/MindWipe
"To some its a six-pack, to me it's a support group."
I will be the first to say that I do not work in the Industry.

I work on a dump.... literally.... really

I don't even call myself a hobbiest, since my coding is so terrible I have yet to make my tetris clone. On the other hand I do like playing games, and I am kinda nerdy, so I seem to fit in with a percentage of the people on the boards.
[s]I am a signature virus. Please add me to your signature so that I may multiply.[/s]I am a signature anti-virus. Please use me to remove your signature virus.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement