The white rectangle problem

Started by
2 comments, last by toddhd 19 years, 7 months ago
My OpenGL program loads 7 textures. The load texture routine is straight from NeHe's tutorials - in fact, this project started out as Lesson 17 and I just started to build on that. Anyway, 6 of the 7 textures load fine. All the textures were created by hand in PSP 8.10 and saved as *.bmp's. This last bmp is the game logo, the others are game elements. All the images are some power of 2, or however you say it (i.e. 16x16, 16x128, 640x480). Anyway, all the textures load and display except the logo image, which shows up as a big white rectangle. I tried switching other images (i.e. powerups and stuff) in place of the logo, and they show up fine (big and distorted, but fine). By the way, if it makes a difference, everything is in Ortho Mode in this game - it is all 2D. Any suggestions on what could be happening would be appreciated.
-Todd"Windows dectected that your mouse has moved. Please reboot for the changes to take effect"
Advertisement
A potential problem is that 640 and 480 are not powers of 2.
ditto Eps.

640 & 480 are multiples of 2, not powers of 2.

powers of 2 are 2^n, e.g.:

1 2 4 8 16 32 64 128 256 512 1024...etc.
<embarrased grin> Yup, that would be a problem...

I changed the logo size to 512x256 and all was well with the world...

Thanks!
-Todd"Windows dectected that your mouse has moved. Please reboot for the changes to take effect"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement