Garbled Mess

Started by
3 comments, last by Adams555 19 years, 7 months ago
Hello. I have very little time right now, but I'll try to explain as best as possible. When I tried to render a mesh from an X file, I get nothing but a random garbled mess. (Note, I say random because its different every time.. it seems somewhat random) www.freecomputeraid.com/Garbled_Mess.PNG I cant get the url tag or image tag to work lol.. So please just paste that in your address bar. I have no idea what is causing this. Have any of you encountered this problem before? What was wrong? I'm pretty stuck. Thanks
Advertisement
Did you make that model yourself, or was it from a site? Aslo, did you have to convert it fromanother format? Maybe the vertex order is all screwed up.

BTW - Couldn't access the pic (don't ask), so that is the best info I could give at the moment.
Sean Henley [C++ Tutor]Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
That looks like a problem I had a couple months back.

If I remember right, it was a ZBuffer problem, Are you clearing your zbuffer on in your ->Clear() call?

if it is not that, then I don't know. I wish I could remember exactly what I did to fix my problem when it looked like that.

Sorries, and Good Luck.

Rigear
Code? It looks like you aren't even clearing or rendering to the surface. The 'garbage' appears to be whatever happened to be in the memory that got allocated to the surface the last time that block of memory was used.
Is it always at the top of the window or can it appear anywhere in the window?
"Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.".....V
yup! That was the problem, I wasn't clearing. Thanks! I wouldn't have figured that out myself.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement