• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Rockin

Exploding objects

This topic is 5487 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I need to break a huge object in multiple objects depending on their material in 3dsmax 6 (the huge object was created by attaching lots of different objects). Does anyone know how I can do this or some plugin that might help me?

Advertisement
i know it's not QUITE what you're after as it doesn't seperate my material, but you can use the "element" editing mode to select the original parts that you've joined and then use "detach" to make them seperate.

Ooops.. I think I've forgot to say that my object contains hundreds of elements with different materials. I guess I need a script to detach them by Material ID because there is no way I can do that manually. And if the script would remove the huge Multi/Sub-Object material and assign one individual material for each object detached, that would be great. Does anyone know a tool (script/plugin/software/maybe a tool within max) that could help me?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!