Installing VC++ on Windows XP Professional

Started by
3 comments, last by Ravuya 19 years, 7 months ago
Has anyone ever tried installing VC++ 6 on Windows XP Pro? I tried the other day, but it gave me an error about not having the acme installer, i tried rebooting and trying it, but that didn't work, and i can't seem to find any info on this acme installer, except that it used to be used with MS Office, but they stopped using it at Office 2000, could it be that XP Pro doesn't include it for that reason, it seems that Home edition does, and i know it's not the cd, cause to test it i installed it on my laptop which worked fine:S my only thoughts are that it could be the cd drive, or just that XP PRo doesn't include the installer it needs:(
Advertisement
yo!
well i've installed VC++ 6.0 on WinXP Professional without any problems... but i can't really tell why it doesn't install properly on your PC... maybe try to install the Service Pack 2.

greetz.

THopol.
I am using MSVC++ 6 pro on WinXP pro without a hitch. Not sure what it could be.
"If you are not willing to try, you will never succeed!"GrellinC++ Game Programming
I've installed VC++ 6.0 Standard on XP Home and XP Pro and there were no problems with either one. Your copy of VC++ is legal, right? You bought it at a store?

A google search for "acme installer" turned up almost nothing, but there was one mention of it being replaced by something called "Darwin" in like 1999.
~CGameProgrammer( );Developer Image Exchange -- New Features: Upload screenshots of your games (size is unlimited) and upload the game itself (up to 10MB). Free. No registration needed.
I have installed VC++6 successfully on SP2. Try to reinstall Windows.

Of course, if you have an illegal copy of either VC++ or Windows, you deserve every hardship you get.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement