Sign in to follow this  

parent and child windows?

This topic is 4843 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm having trouble with MFC and learning how to go from one sub-window to the next. Like if a user presses a button, I want a text editor to now be in the window. I know how to create the button, the event that hooks to the button, and the editor, but I can't find anything that tells me how to bring up the editor. Is it a totally new form, is there some argument passed saying that it's a child window of a parent?

I'm creating a app with two buttons that display when you start it up, when I press one of these buttons, I'd like for a text editor to then be in the frame. I don't know how to do this. If I have a class setup for the editor, what command do I pass to the button to put it in the frame window?

if u have the window already built then whats wrong with "ShowWindow()" ??? , by default I dont think windows operates on hidden windows , so u juss display the editor?

This topic is 4843 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.