parent and child windows?

Started by
5 comments, last by stealth 19 years, 7 months ago
I'm having trouble with MFC and learning how to go from one sub-window to the next. Like if a user presses a button, I want a text editor to now be in the window. I know how to create the button, the event that hooks to the button, and the editor, but I can't find anything that tells me how to bring up the editor. Is it a totally new form, is there some argument passed saying that it's a child window of a parent?
"There are two types of languages, those that everyone complains about, and those that no one uses."Standardized C++ LibrariesGamecron PC GamingA Christian Blog
Advertisement
anyone?
"There are two types of languages, those that everyone complains about, and those that no one uses."Standardized C++ LibrariesGamecron PC GamingA Christian Blog
Not entirley sure what you WANT to do, possibly re-phrase?
"Arguing on the Internet is like winning in the Special Olympics, in the end, you''re still retarded"
I'm creating a app with two buttons that display when you start it up, when I press one of these buttons, I'd like for a text editor to then be in the frame. I don't know how to do this. If I have a class setup for the editor, what command do I pass to the button to put it in the frame window?
See MDI Frame.
I thought MDI was for editing multiple documents. Thanks, I'll look into it.
if u have the window already built then whats wrong with "ShowWindow()" ??? , by default I dont think windows operates on hidden windows , so u juss display the editor?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement