Morning's Wrath: Enemy Gallery (potential game spoilers)[Updated: 9/18/04]

Started by
17 comments, last by EDI 19 years, 7 months ago
Greetings all=D The MW team is currently in progress of creating all of the enemies that will be in the game, based on descriptions in our design document. We decided to let the community view our progress, and provide feedback on the enemies. The images in the gallery may be considered as spoilers for some, since it will show you all of the enemies that you will encounter. Obviously the list is not yet complete, it will increase with time, if you dont consider this a spoiler and would like to help us with constructive feedback, then please... view the gallery and post feedback on this thread. Thank you for your support=) [Edited by - EDI on September 18, 2004 9:09:57 AM]

Raymond Jacobs, Owner - Ethereal Darkness Interactive
www.EDIGames.com - EDIGamesCompany - @EDIGames

Advertisement
Quite nice. Though that last one... Zamartar or something, is that a monster?
Those look great! (look at those swords!)

Is the reflection in the shield of the footsoldier (if it really is a reflection) part of the modelling program, or is it incorperated in the game? It looks real nice.

And are you using the same clothing base for the mage and the elementist (the undergarment)? I think the mage might look a little better if the black undergarment concealed his legs, giving it more of a "cloakish" feel, because IMHO, it looks slightly like a bathrobe. [wink]

But excellent stuff! Can't wait for it to be finished!

EDIT: and damn! Hands up to your composer!
EDIT: Just added the Ashidian Legionnaire model =D

hehe, thanks =D

>>Quite nice. Though that last one... Zamartar or something, is >>that a monster?

Yes, the Zalmatern, is a lava ball creature (tainted-mana infused lava), that closes distance with you and explodes into a huge area effect fire spell, nasty buggers =/

The image that was posted shows the zalmatern in it's solid state, it fluxes between solid and molten states at varying intervals based on distance, looks pretty cool ingame =D

>>Is the reflection in the shield of the footsoldier (if it really >>is a reflection) part of the modelling program, or is it >>incorperated in the game? It looks real nice.

The reflections use a specialy prepared enviorment map that the modeling program uses, since the characters are pre-rendered the relfection will be present in game, so it should still look pretty good =D

>>IMHO, it looks slightly like a bathrobe.

You are right, the war mage needs to be redone =/

>>But excellent stuff! Can't wait for it to be finished!

Thanks=D

We have been looking around and dont seem to be finding many indie games that are as... 'grand in scope' as the MW project, so we are hoping to be met with alot of attention from the community when it is done =D

>>and damn! Hands up to your composer!

Thanks, I will tell him you said so, MW features an original score composed by Adam Frechette (who?), a great guy who has been on team MW since it began (three years ago... oi veh).

Thank you for your comments, and keep them coming =D

[Edited by - EDI on September 11, 2004 8:16:03 PM]

Maybe it's just me, but they look a little stiff. Perhaps I'm used to looking at characters with their arms wide at their sides.
You might be right, I'll keep that in mind when animating them.

P.S.

Just finished the modifications to the war mage.

[Edited by - EDI on September 12, 2004 9:06:57 AM]

Looks nice, kudos to your modeler. Tip: might wanna try adding some 'static' to the flesh tone, or some moles or frekles(however you spell it)

Lead Coder/Game Designer for Brutal Nature: http://BrutalNature.com

Ah, yeah I could do that, but the in game characters are about half to 1/4 size of the ones your seeing now, so i am pretty sure the detail wouldnt show up.

Just added the Ashidian Warlord model.

mmmmm...those characters seem to me very similar to those of poser 5 or 4 or 3....In fact I think they are, some changes, but they are. Maybe im wrong...

I have been using poser for like 3 years...and..I recognize those faces.

www.curiouslabs.com <--- poser

Bruno B
Yes, they are,

we use poser for all of our character design and rendering,
most of the props and all of the textures are custom though.

*looks around* is that a problem? =)

Just added, the Ashidian Northland Savage model.

[Edited by - EDI on September 13, 2004 5:45:19 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement