Sign in to follow this  

Changing the SDL Window Resolution???

This topic is 4843 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

How do we change the Screen/Window Resolution? Instead of Setting the current video surface... SDL_SetVideoMode seams to create a new video surface each time you call it... Any ideas? Golgoth

the problem with releasing and redo is that you may have to delete your rendering and textures and reload everything... quit strange when you can resize the window with the mouse without any problem!!!

Didnt found anything on the subject yet...

Golgoth

Quote:
Original post by golgoth
the problem with releasing and redo is that you may have to delete your rendering and textures and reload everything... quit strange when you can resize the window with the mouse without any problem!!!
well, actually there is a problem.

mouse resizing the window means you're only rendering in the upper left corner. (assuming your resized bigger) and the new, bigger space in untouchable. (SDL says you should call set video mode with the new size in order to be able to use the new space)

(SDL says you should call set video mode with the new size in order to be able to use the new space)

outch that hurts... well changing resolution is quite a basic thing to handle... feels like i m taking crazy pils here...

SDL_SWSURFACE - Create the video surface in system memory ?
SDL_HWSURFACE - Create the video surface in video memory ?

Can thes flags helps?

Golgoth

i think the reason its like this is because to keep it cross platform its nessasary to do this. i could be wrong, but why else would they make it like this? im pretty sure if your using OpenGL, you have to re-load all textures and re-set all states. pretty crappy but theres no other choice (i think).

This topic is 4843 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.