Sign in to follow this  

Book about polymorphism?

This topic is 4838 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm looking for interesting books on polymorphism, but sadly all the answers I could find on the web were biology books. Besides, it's hard to judge by the cover of the book if it covers some subjects I'm looking for, or if it is any good. What I'm looking for is single- and multi-dispatch polymorphism, and polymorphism not necessarily related to inheritance (as in C++). Have any of you read a book that you think would be interesting?

as you've seen for your self the term polymorphism is very generic term, in the context of programming languages there are more then one form of polymorphism most well known form is sub-type polymorphism. I think all together in programming there is around 5 kinds of polymorphism.

You would probably get better results in a search engine if you where more specific as to what context of polymorphism your refering to and the type of polymorphism for example "C++ sub-type polymorphism" or "C++ parametric polymorphism"

Here is a good aritcle that talks about nearly all kinds of polymorphism, the language is in java but still applies in general. Unfortunately there is nothing in there about multiple dispatching.

yeah i read that when i was doing a module on software architecture at uni, in-conjunction with that aritcle we read this one first then that one i posted earlier its good because it helps you to see the important differences between super-sub type inheritance & super-sub class inheritance AKA interface inheritance & implementation inheritance and how to effectively use both together to "Have your cake and eat it too" and it applys just aswell in C++.

This topic is 4838 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.