• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Multitexturing

This topic is 4910 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Ive read a few tutorials bout multitexturing but they all used 2 textures. So i tried to just add another 1, but it doesnt work. I just see the first and third texture. And if i disable the first i only see the third.. Is there anything wrong with this code? (Dont think so, cus i copied the main part from a tutorial :) glActiveTextureARB = (PFNGLACTIVETEXTUREARBPROC)wglGetProcAddress("glActiveTextureARB"); glMultiTexCoord2fARB = (PFNGLMULTITEXCOORD2FARBPROC)wglGetProcAddress("glMultiTexCoord2fARB"); CreateTexture(g_Texture, "rood.bmp", 0); CreateTexture(g_Texture, "blauw.bmp", 1); CreateTexture(g_Texture, "geel.bmp", 2); glActiveTextureARB(GL_TEXTURE0_ARB); glEnable(GL_TEXTURE_2D); glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, g_Texture[0]); glActiveTextureARB(GL_TEXTURE1_ARB); glEnable(GL_TEXTURE_2D); glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, g_Texture[1]); glActiveTextureARB(GL_TEXTURE2_ARB); glEnable(GL_TEXTURE_2D); glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, g_Texture[2]); glPushMatrix(); glTranslatef(-2, 0, 0); glBegin(GL_QUADS); glMultiTexCoord2fARB(GL_TEXTURE0_ARB, 0.0f, 1.0f); glMultiTexCoord2fARB(GL_TEXTURE1_ARB, 0.0f, 1.0f); glMultiTexCoord2fARB(GL_TEXTURE2_ARB, 0.0f, 1.0f); glVertex3f(-1, 1, 0); glMultiTexCoord2fARB(GL_TEXTURE0_ARB, 0.0f, 0.0f); glMultiTexCoord2fARB(GL_TEXTURE1_ARB, 0.0f, 0.0f); glMultiTexCoord2fARB(GL_TEXTURE2_ARB, 0.0f, 0.0f); glVertex3f(-1, -1, 0); (and a bit more vertices to make a quare :) Plz help XishtarX

Advertisement
Yay i finally found what was wrong,
GL_MAX_TEXTURE_UNITS_ARB seems to be 2. So i cant use 3 textures :). So how do u change that?

There's nothing you can do about it,other than buy a new card.You can however use more than 2 textures to render an object,you just need to perform multiple rendering passes and blend the outcome.For example,this modulates 4 textures:

glDepthFunc(GL_LEQUAL);
glActiveTextureARB(GL_TEXTURE1_ARB);
glEnable(GL_TEXTURE_2D);
glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, g_Texture[1]);

glActiveTextureARB(GL_TEXTURE2_ARB);
glEnable(GL_TEXTURE_2D);
glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, g_Texture[2]);
RenderObject();

glActiveTextureARB(GL_TEXTURE1_ARB);
glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, g_Texture[3]);

glActiveTextureARB(GL_TEXTURE2_ARB);
glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, g_Texture[4]);