The color matrix

Started by
6 comments, last by Puzzler183 19 years, 7 months ago
Does anyone have any code which succesfully uses the color matrix when linked with the OpenGL libraries included with MingW or will I have to completely dynamically link with OpenGL? (This one is the make or break for dynamically linking since it would require all of the matrix functions to be linked dynamically which I don't think it possible without doing everything dynamically.)
Advertisement
On windows, the standard OpenGL lin is version 1.1 wqhich doesn't support the colour matrix. For any other functionality than basic 1.1 you need to fetch function pointers with wglGetProcAdress. I'd suggest letting an extension loading library like GLEW handle this for you.
The color matrix needs no special functions; hence my dilema. I am currently just dynamically linking extensions but I may be forced to dynamically link everything (not terrible, just annoying).
No one?
Probing has indicated to me that it is working; it's just not changing the final rendering... Do I need to enable something?
If the extensions string doesn't contain "ARB_imaging", then the imaging subset isn't supported. Have you checked this? I don't think ATI supports the imaging subset for example. If the imaging subset is supported, try glGetError.

Anyway, there is no need to dynamically link everything to use a newer OpenGL core version on windows, you just need to make sure the implementation suppotrs the veersion you want by calling glGet and then get function pointers to newer functions than 1.1 with wglGetProcAdress. New constants like GL_COLOR_MATRIX obviously aren't a problem
Quote:Original post by Puzzler183
Probing has indicated to me that it is working; it's just not changing the final rendering... Do I need to enable something?

The word "rendering" makes me think you're trying to render some primitives (lines, triangles, whatever), and expecting the color matrix to modify the rendered colors. The color matrix is for pixel transfers only. That is, glDrawPixels, glTexImage, and so on. It won't do anything for rendered primitives.
GameCat, I completely understand extensions. ATI has supported ARB_imaging since at least the 8500's. I was just confused because my book lead me to beleive it was for everything; I suppose I'll try textured primitives instead.

EDIT: Excellent, it works; thanks Brother Bob.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement