Sign in to follow this  

[web] How to do this?

This topic is 4839 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

So I have a website design now, my first ever, and though it's not perfect, I now want to turn it into a webpage. As you can see below, it's basically a page divided by green lines. My problem has been getting the lines in in Frontpage. I've not used Frontpage very much. At first, I tried making a table and making a cell for each part of the line, then making the background color of those cells green. It sort of worked, but the lines were divided up where they crossed (basically there was a black box around the small middle part where the lines cross). I've also sort of messed around with frames, but I can't find a way to get the borders of the frames my own design, plus then they would go all the way to the top of the page. How would I do this?

I thought you did have this as a site...?

Are you using frontpage? If you're using html, there would be an easy way to do this. Esepcially with tables, although getting something liek this to work with divs would be a nice idea. I'll give you the div proposal. First, make a div of the approriate width containing the vertical and the first part of the horizontal line. You've got your little chicken stratch thing and the links set. Now, Make another div containing the other section. I suggest you make a another div to encase the horizontal stuff to sepcify how much they are from the top, i.e. margin: whatever so your lines line up.

nope, this was just an initial design in photoshop.

thanks...I'm not sure what a div is, but I'm sure i can find out. As long as it's not tables...they're annoying! I tried to make this with tables, and it wouldn't let me make the height of the horizontal line smaller than the height of text, and having thick lines in this design kind of ruins everything.

I'm using frontpage, but I know basic HTML syntax, so I could do it in straight HTML if I needed to.

is a tag, a division specification. You can think of divs as tables with only <table></table> tags. Results in cleaner and easier to maintain code and it does not seem that your site requires the use of tabes so divs would work nicely for you there. Also, divs allow faster load time, etc.

This topic is 4839 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.