Sign in to follow this  

SDL: displaying problems in fullscreen mode

This topic is 4835 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi, me again In fullscreen mode, my sprites and the mouse pointer are not beeing animated correctly. It looks like the animation of the sprite goes on, but a singl frame is still displayed below the animated sprite. This singl frame is flickering, and after about a second or so it dissapiers, and another random frame starts flickering. And the mouse pointer seems to have some problem too, because i when i move the pointer, the old pictures of the pointer remain on the screen (so i can see a line of mouse pointers). Who and why can this be?

Just a quick question. How are you going about learning SDL? If it is from a tutorial series, please tell us which one, in order to help you better.

If you are just going through the documentation to learn this stuff, you are a brave person and I admire you for it, but you just can't do it that way.

A good place to start.
I have been told though that my tutorials are better than those though. See my sig. for that.

You say you're having problems "in fullscreen mode", does this mean that when you use windowed mode your code works fine? If so, you have a strange phenomenon on your hands!

But if you're having problems in both modes, then there's certainly something wrong with your code. See if you can isolate the code that's causing trouble and post it for us to take a look at.

Ryan

This topic is 4835 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.