2.0 implementation

Started by
7 comments, last by atcdevil 19 years, 7 months ago
So now that the spec is out, when will implementations be available?
Advertisement
timplementation = tspecification + Δt, with Δt>0.
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan
Thanks Fruny...

The solution to this system of equations is still undetermined. Anyone else have any ideas?
I'd like to add some conditions to Δt.
We can assume implementation is harder then specification, and therefore would take more time so. Δt > tspecification, and where tspecification ~= 4 year.
-Scott
Oh boy, I really hope that's an invalid assumption.
tbh, most of the stuff is already availble in the majority of cases and its all going to be extensions on win32 so its kinda much of a muchness
Quote:Original post by Fruny
timplementation = tspecification + Δt, with Δt>0.

As always, your logic is absolutely irrefutable [grin]

But seriously, I think the first implementations will pop up pretty quickly. 2.0 has been watered down a lot, all functionality is pretty much already available in one form or another. I don't think we'll have to wait very long.
At SIGGRAPH, I heard the phrase "a month and a half" being thrown around a lot. So that would leave a couple of weeks. 'Course, if you're on Windows, you might not want to hold your breath for a 2.0 front-end.
Quote:Original post by Sneftel
"a month and a half"

That sounds great!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement