Sign in to follow this  

Reading Macromedia Flash Data (solved)

This topic is 4838 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I need to get access to the pixel data of a Flash animation. (Specifically, I need to copy it to a DirectX surface, but that's irrelevant to the real problem.) I've played around and have finally gotten the flash.ocx control to work in my program. I can create a new CAxWindow object to contain the control (although I honestly don't really know much about the ATL), and can play flash animations in that window just fine. However, currently my only idea of copying the pixel data is to use the HDC of the window. However, that only works when the window is visible and on top. Does anyone have an idea of how to get the pixel data without having a visible window of the flash animation showing? [Edited by - Agony on September 15, 2004 7:19:12 AM]

Just so any curious knows, I managed to do what I wanted by calling SendMessage() on the window, using WM_PAINT as the message, and passing the handle of the device context to paint to as the wParam. In the MSDN docs, it says that this wParam value is optional, and can be ignored, but fortunately, it appears that the Flash control doesn't ignore it, so I can make it paint to any HDC I want, even if the window is not visible.

(To get the window handle to the actual Flash control, and not just the container window, I had to use the EnumChildWindows() function.)

This topic is 4838 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.