Sign in to follow this  

GLSL error??

This topic is 4838 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i face this error
--------------------Configuration: main - Win32 Debug--------------------
Linking...
main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall aShaderManager::aShaderManager(void)" (??0aShaderManager@@QAE@XZ)
main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall aShaderManager::~aShaderManager(void)" (??1aShaderManager@@QAE@XZ)
main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: class aShaderObject * __thiscall aShaderManager::loadfromMemory(char const *,char const *)" (?loadfromMemory@aShaderManager@@QAEPAVaShaderObject@@PBD0@Z)
main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall aShaderObject::end(void)" (?end@aShaderObject@@QAEXXZ)
main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall aShaderObject::begin(void)" (?begin@aShaderObject@@QAEXXZ)
LIBCD.lib(crt0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _main
Debug/main.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 6 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

main.exe - 7 error(s), 0 warning(s)

is it because my Graphic Crad doesn't support GLSL "TNT2 Card" or what?? bye ff8

Well it looks like you aren't implementing some aShaderManager methods, which has nothing to do with your hardware. At any rate, your TNT2 won't support GLSL once you get those errors sorted out.

what should i do ????
really i want to learn GLSL
i have another question ?
what the different between CG and GLSL ???" i mean in what the best in the graphic"?
bye!
ff8

Guest Anonymous Poster
cg and glsl dont differ much, though youre better off buying a cheap card that supports shaders eg my gffx5200 costs the same price as a new pc/ps2 game

you can use Cg, but it will be limited as to what it can do due to hardware limitations (vertex programs will execute on the cpu and you'll have limited texture combiner functionality).

nVidia have infomation on Cg on their website in the developers section

This topic is 4838 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.