Sign in to follow this  

A new game called Storm

This topic is 4841 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi there, I'm a new shareware developer who last week released my first game Storm. It's an arcade style mission based shooter with 50 missions and 24 weapons to collect and use. It also has a few different features to other games, you can thrust and move in 8 directions as well as fire in any direction. It supports keyboard, mouse and joypads (dual sticks too) as well as three different firing systems and user selected keys/buttons. The terrain in Storm is completely destructable and can be dug through with weapon fire and explosions. From the feedback I've received so far it seems that Storm is either a game that people either love or hate. It's also been described as a cool amiga style thinking man's shooter. Here's an example screenshot: Screenshot The website: Reflectedgames.com There you can find a lot of screenshots, more information and a free 9 mission playable demo for you to download and play on your PC. I'd be grateful if people played the demo, showed it to friends and hopefully some of you like it enough to buy the full game. The full game costs $19.99 (available through BMT Micro), and with a total of 50 missions (some very big) and 24 weapons it offers many hours of gameplay. The game also has 3 difficulty levels and a continue game option as well as 10 different mission types. I need all the support I can get, so thank you and please look at my site and play the demo! I would also be grateful for any suggestions you have for other sites that might be interested to hear about Storm. Thank you for your time, Richard Phipps. Reflectedgames.com

Hey there,

I downloaded the demo, and played it.

On the whole it is very good =D

I came across two problems that I am pretty sure are bugs.

1. When the game started on the menu screen I got incredibly choppy (like 3 seconds between moving) motion from the mouse curosr, when i would move it onto a button it would sorta freeze there for a while then it would allow me to move it again.

2. While in game, using the combination of arrow keys, and the control, alt and z keys to play, control somtimes would lock up, and the ship would drift in it's current course (usualy raming me into a wall) I know there are issues with inputs by adjacent keys in keyboard hardware, im not sure if this is the issue though.

Has anyone else experienced this?

My system specs:

Windows XP home
AMD Athalon 950 MHZ
256 MB ram
Radeon 9500 64 MB VRAM

Chris: :P

EDI: As for your comments, I'm not sure about the menu slowdown, that sounds pretty strange.. how are the menus ingame, do they have the same problem?

As for the keys issue.. I don't have a problem with the standard keys, and no one else has reported this either. Maybe it is your keyboard, so try changing the keyboard layout in the control options menu and see if this helps.

Thanks,
Rich.

Yes, seems to be only the main menu screen menus.

If i had to guess i would say, that when hitting the alt key, to redirects keyboard focus to the window frame and not the window.

This may not be your issue, but i know it can happen if certain window styles are used.

I wouldnt put it past my keyboard for being the problem, it certainly isn't top of the line =D

It seems the main menu effect is too slow. I'll have to fix that.
EDIT: It's a strange one, I also have an old PII 300mhz and the main menu works fine at around 30-40fps. Still no behaviour like you described though. :/

You could try redefining the controls to not use Alt, and see if that stops the drifting problem?

Thanks.

Sign in to follow this