Sign in to follow this  

PP Defines in Effects + IncludeType + GetVertexDeclarationFromInput

This topic is 4843 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am using managed DX, but these questions will still be applicable. Macro[] preproccessorDefines appears in the constructors for Effect and EffectCompiler. I know what #define's are, knowing C++, but what is the purpose of that parameter? Is it to set which parameters are #define'd so that you can compile several different effect versions from the same effect file? If that is the case, why does the Direct3D.Macro structure contain two strings(the constant just needs to be defined?)? What does Direct3D.IncludeType.System mean? I assume .Local means that the include file is found in a relative directory (if using loading from file) GetVertexDeclarationFromInput or something like that... is meant to provide a way of getting the vertex components required for the effect. It returns an array of Direct3D.Semantic, but the documentation is not very good and does not describe how you could turn this into a vertex declaration (neither in the C++ documentation, which is usually better). Can someone tell me how? Thanks in advance. I have already posted these questions on the managed DX forums, but have had no responses.

This topic is 4843 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.