Sign in to follow this  

Free Web Hosting

This topic is 4828 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I’m want to start my own Game Studio Big surprise so does everyone but, I a few months ago all my stuff was stolen. My computer I built, Visual C++ 6.0, the works all gone so I’m now stuck developing software on a computer I picked up for $120, I downloaded DX 9 and Dev cpp but it’s not enough to develop the cutting edge graphics consumers want so my Idea is to develop shareware and sell it online until I can get enough capital together to get better equipment and start my company well at least get a descent host. One problem, I have no money so anything I do has to be for free I go to the Library to access the internet, and a friend of mine gave me the tool s necessary to put together a descent site but I need a free host that has enough transfer space and a means to get the money to me any Ideas? -Frank

This could potentially sit in the Web Development forum, but I'll leave it here for now unless the thread diverts itself into a web-oriented conversation.

As for your problem, you could take a look at the Web Development Forum FAQ (which I'll be reorganising soon) for a selection of links to free hostings (PHP/ASP/ASP.NET) as well as other goodies [smile]

free webs - no forced advertising, and they have different "pay" packages as well, so if in the future you decide you need more functionality, for example, a cgi-bin, you can sign up for it. Otherwise the basic hosting is free.

Guest Anonymous Poster
Given your situation, I'm surprised you want to bother with a site. Why don't you focus on the game and then put up a sample or a demo on someone else's site? Someone else's site will probably have more traffic as well, so that more people will see or perhaps buy your work.

When I look at indy games in development I think I see about 10 web sites for every finish game. Maybe a hundred. I think web sites are a distraction for many projects.

Good luck.

AP makes a good point. It will be quite some time before you have something worth showing. Focus on making the game.

This topic is 4828 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.