Sign in to follow this  

I/O - commercial game use

This topic is 4839 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I didnt know how to title my question but here it is. I know the "conio" or console I/O functions of Counter-Strike (hence the commercial game in the title....nvm :P) anyway its something like DisplayConsoleInput(int x, int y, *str); how can i make a simple program to simply type something like 'Hi' in the console if i pressed f1? is it harder than including the headers and using the function when my prog and cs are open?

Quote:

is it harder than including the headers and using the function when my prog and cs are open?

yes it is.
to do this it would be like making a 'hack' if this is what you are aiming for and not a mod then to do such hacks (im no expert) you must create overloaded function pointers between the dll's and such (something like that) ... if you are looking to make a 'mod' then you must recompile your code (not sure how hl modding works, so u either recompile ur code and source into a new executable, or compile ur code into a byte script (like unreal))

im trying to neither hack nor mod....well i guess mod in a sense all I want to do is mess around really, get a bit more programming experience so mod in a sense.....how would i go about making overloaded function pointers?

If you specifically want a set of console commands to be executed in counter-strike then you can simply write a script and bind it's execution to a key.

Quote:
how would i go about making overloaded function pointers?

In this case he's refering to intercepting function calls between the hl.exe and the game and client dll and calling functions in the game or client dll or hl.exe yourself. I'm not entirely sure how to acomplish this, I don't think it's a particularly easy task. If you want to mess around with modding HL go grab the SDK and take a look.

This topic is 4839 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.