Tell me if i did this right :)

Started by
8 comments, last by benjamin bunny 19 years, 7 months ago
Simplify the expression. Write the result using positive exponents only. x(x2+5)-5 + x2(x2+5)-4 ((x2+5)-5)(x + x2(x2+5)) Final Answer: (x2+5)-5(x4+5x2+x) division bar (x2+5)5 Is that the right answer? Am i close?
Favorite Quotes:Gandalf: You cannot pass!|Smeagol: We don't need you!|Sloth: Hey you guys!|
Advertisement
Yep, you're close.
As if we're here to check your homework. Not to be rude or anything, but if you take a closer look you'll see we've been closing a bunch of homework help threads lately. Might have something to do with the fact that this is a math forum with regards to game development and not Homework Hotline. Just a thought.

But since I'm a nice guy, I'll help out a bit. Read the question again.
Yeah, you're making it too hard.
Not giving is not stealing.
Actually, now I see you already posted this before. You were already told by grhodes that this isn't a homework help forum, and your previous thread was closed. You then post the exact same question again. I don't know whether it's out of defiance or ignorance.

This isn't a place to get help with your homework. So stop posting your damn homework problem over and over. I admire the effort you demonstrated in the other thread, but the point remains. Someone was even dense enough to do the whole problem for you in the other thread and write it out line by line. We're not here to teach you math. I'm sorry if your teacher sucks, we've all been in that position before, but there are other forums dedicated to this type of thing. grhodes keeps his cool, but then there's people like us who just get aggressive. I held back here, believe me.

So unless you have something game-related, stop posting. I've given you all the help I shouldn't have given you already. And I wish other posters here would stop being such egomaniacs and doing people's work for them also, just to needlessly demonstrate that they know math. Well great for you, you're hurting the board by propagating the belief that there are indeed people here who will do other's homework for them. And it's getting worse.
Another shout for a thread close.
[sub]Now I'm radioactive! That can't be good![/sub]
I love rude people if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. That's it. BTW in case I haven't said this before it IS NOT homework. If you don't like the question please dont provide an answer. Especially a rude one.
Favorite Quotes:Gandalf: You cannot pass!|Smeagol: We don't need you!|Sloth: Hey you guys!|
It's a stretch, but I suppose that the trajectory of a space ship through an asteroid field could be modeled by such a polynomial over the reals, and so just play a game where you have to walk from one side of the space ship to the other without bumping into anything. If you wanted to compute that game, it might be more efficient to have the polynomial in factored form. Anyway, though there is an error in the how he presents the final expression.

C.
Former college algebra teacher

;-)

Sorry SSJCORY, there's nothing personal but the moderator has closed another of your threads, with exactly the same question, for the same reason. If he is certain, so am I.
[sub]Now I'm radioactive! That can't be good![/sub]
Closed, since this is blatently a homework problem. Please read the Forum FAQ before posting in future.

____________________________________________________________www.elf-stone.com | Automated GL Extension Loading: GLee 5.00 for Win32 and Linux

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement