• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
raydog

Wingrep?

This topic is 5174 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Is it just me, or has the Windows search function become totally useless on text files? It fails to find the simplest text phrases that I can see in plain view. I have to open the text file itself and perform the search. How stupid is that? It's totally mucked up. There are dozen or so Wingrep clones out there, so I was wondering if anyone had a particular favorite one for Windows XP that works well?

Advertisement
Thanks.
I guess the best kind of searching app would be one that added itself to the Explorer menu when
you right-click on a directory for searching. So it's convenient, and not trouble-some to
use when you want it right there and now.

Guest Anonymous Poster
You are using Windows XP right?
http://www.pcplus.co.uk/tips/default.asp?pagetypeid=2&articleid=5870&subsectionid=390
here you can download a patch

Quote:
Original post by davepermen
i'd like a hd googler :D
It's in development. Google wants to get it out before WinFS (and with WinFS being sliced from Longhorn, it's a lot more likely) and whatever Apple is calling their desktop search system in Tiger. Sometime next year, I'd imagine.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!