[QUESTION]Shareware seller - your experiences

Started by
4 comments, last by GameDev.net 19 years, 7 months ago
Hi I would like to hear from you about your experiences with companies such a RegNow, RegSoft, Kagi etc. I'm finishing my game and would like to start selling it soon but don't know which of them I can count on.
www.tmreality.com
Advertisement
hmmm no answers so I'll ask a question.

Whaty do you think about ShareIt and BMT Micro? Are they worth my trust?
www.tmreality.com
Hey there Tomek,

I used Regnow about 5 years ago on a shareware site that a friend of mine and I set up, and I really liked it. They did send me checks, and they were on time. They send them every two weeks if you have over a certain amount in your account. It also (remember this was 5 yrs ago) had a great order tracking system built into it. You could also modify their billing page to look like it was part of your site.

My only complaint about RegNow was that they were charging 20% of all transactions. It might have come down since then, but overall I can say I was satisfied with their service.

I don't have any experience with any of the other ones, but thought I'd lend my 2 cents on RegNow. Hope this helps!
Thanx jakem3s90!

I was considering RegNow but these companies I mentioned was placed in EU and I'm from Europe too, besides they don't charge sign-up fee. 10$ isn't much but now as I'm starting shareware bussines I've got a lot of 10$-each expenses so I'd like to save these money if possible.

EDIT: For me 10$ is on average six times more money than for you(in case you are surpised why it's a difference for me:)
www.tmreality.com
'Bussines' forum seems to be rarely visited so I renew my question. I'm curios if someone here is/was doing bussines with ShareIt or BMT Micro?
www.tmreality.com
Czesc Tomek

Spojrz na http://forums.indiegamer.com/ , zdaje sie ze ostatnio byla o tym mowa (ponownie)... mozesz tez spojrzec na temat gdzie jest link do starego forum z dexterity.com (tam bylo o tym mowione tuzin razy) - uzyj po prostu search.

O ile sie nie myle ostatnio popularny jest plimus.com.. osobiscie jeszcze nigdy niczego takiego nie uzywalem.

Znajdziesz mnie tam na forum jako MirekCz lub Mirek Czerwinski, albo skrobnij email na mirekcz@bitween.com . W niedalekiej przyszlosci tez mam zamiar sprzedawac sam swoj soft i z checia nawiaze kontakt. W tematach typu podatek/wlasna dzialalnosc itd jestem narazie niestety zielony :(

Pozdrawiam

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement