Sign in to follow this  

Using libs in libs

This topic is 4837 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, for my engine I took a component approach and everything is in its own namespace and compiled into a library. Some of my components rely on other libraries ( e.g. the graphics component uses OpenGL and the DevIL image library ). At the moment I link to these libs only in executable. ( e.g. when I write a demo/test I link to my graphic lib and to OpenGL and DevIL ). This works nice but I wonder if I can force the compiler to link the functions statically into my lib? What are the issues I have to consider, especially when linking to a dll and not a lib. Any help is greatly appreciated... -Dirk

You could build your library as a static library then link to that in your application, this isn't possible with OpenGL as you don't have access to the source code but you can do it with your graphics library and with DevIL.

This topic is 4837 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.