• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
johnnyBravo

What game you suggest I make?

This topic is 5075 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I'm trying to think of a game that will keep me motivated to make it. Except I can't think of anything, I like making little a.i. style programs so maybe something along those lines, but i cant think of anything. I got a decent knowlege of directx, and i believe i am capable of more advancish games... any ideas? thanks

Advertisement
You might try a turn based battle game.

Basic handling is easy to implement and there's a place for a good AI (moving, taking current carried weapon(s) in account).

And there's too few turn based battle games on PC anyway.

There is a place on gamedev that discusses this right here. The articles suggest you start with Tetris. This should be a good starter program for you. Then, because you like A.I., you could code some A.I. into the tetris game to play against some how. Or you could build a PAC-MAN clone.

[Edited by - sakky on September 17, 2004 11:07:47 AM]

[sarcasm]You should definitely make a quake 3 clone. There's not enough of those on the planet.[/sarcasm]

I would say a nice little chip's challenge would be more entertaining to write for a beginner level. Or maybe a simple zelda-ish game.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!