What game you suggest I make?

Started by
32 comments, last by theNestruo 19 years, 7 months ago
Quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
If your actually serious about making games that have A.I. then u would never posted this thread...idiot...

Flaming moronic troll. That's total bullshit. You give APs a bad name. STFU N00B.

OP: Maybe chess? You can add AI, but that's most of the game besides art 0o.
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by funvill
Quote:Original post by Megahertz
A finished one. =)

Agreed!.

Even if you are "Beyond" Tetris, Pac-Man, Asteroids, Space invaders.
You should still make them for the learnng experence.
pluse having at lest a game under your belt will help you later on even if it is a clone.

Definetly agree here. Until you've made one of the above games, I wouldn't recommend trying anything more advanced. Even if you have a good knowledge of DirectX, putting it together into a game is a completely different story.
Make a strategy game where units are represented by pixels, the entire map fits on the screen (no scrolling) and the game is controlled by a command line inside the game. Wait, I want to make that :)
Quote:Original post by sakky
There is a place on gamedev that discusses this right here. The articles suggest you start with Tetris. This should be a good starter program for you. Then, because you like A.I., you could code some A.I. into the tetris game to play against some how. Or you could build a PAC-MAN clone.

I have found a flaw in Microsoft Word. When I type int oword it makes special adjustments to letters and things. One of these, is the special quote character. The bad thing about this is that the GameDev text box will see them also, and keep them. So when I offer a link to someone, I have to remeber to remove the special style on the quotes.
Take back the internet with the most awsome browser around, FireFox
Make a game you would want to play.
It's not what you're taught, it's what you learn.
The first game you make should not be your dream game because you will never finish it. The first game you make should be a short easy basic arcade game like tetris to get some experience making your own game. Or another easy game would be a two player fighting game where two human players fight eachother. Once you gget that done you could add some ai.

[Edited by - Mxpx7228 on September 18, 2004 5:05:58 PM]
Only YOU know what sort of game you'll want to make and not give up with.

If we're throwing ideas into a hat, I throw: Tron light cycles!

Mark
Cornutopia Games
http://www.cornutopia.net
Well I don't know if you will find it interesting but perhaps a 3D battle ship ?
how about coding a bot for a game. is the gamedve arena thing still going...........
I think business sims would be good. It will improve your gui skills, and maybe improve your knowledge of the simulation subject!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement