enemy movement table

Started by
2 comments, last by Cornutopia 19 years, 7 months ago
I'm programming a 2d arcade game and at the moment I'm working on enemy-movements. They're moved through the screen via a relative table. (The table does not contain the absolute coordinates, but values about how many pixels to +/- x/y/z/r the next move) I already typed in a few values which is nice for a test, but for complex movements it would take forever, especially if there's an error in the table that has to be corrected by hand... Back in the good old amiga-days there was a program where you could paint and edit the desired moves by mouse, additional aided by a few functions (e.g. easy circle-moves). It was able to save a table to an ascii-file (absolute or relative coordinates) Is there something like that on the PC? Michael
Advertisement
i dont know, but you see
you can create your own game editor for controlling AI and positions and whatever you decide.
(example: en1: 02: +1,+0. means that enemy "en1", after 2 seconds from now will move to (5,6) if you are in (4,6), and so on. but i would use velocity too.)
and for things like circles, you will have to do some math i guess (and for using the mouse, you just save each mouse movement and add it to the table)
pex.
Thanks alot for your smart advice which was no answer to my question at all.

anyone else know a program?
Howabout using WinUAE to emulate the Amiga program? That might sound wierd but you can save out to PC folders no problem by mounting them as Amiga drives in WinUAE and I've used DPaintIV in the past on my emulated Amiga! I know of one developer who develops his WinPC games on a contemporary Amiga.

Mark
Cornutopia Games
http://www.cornutopia.net

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement