Sign in to follow this  

Lost in the number of different files

This topic is 4839 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am Timo, a small programmer. have been working in Visual basic for about 4 years now, and have decided to work with C++, because VB has a lot of limitations. now i have downloaded the Crystal Space engine, have installed it, read the documentation files, searched for tools, searched these forums, in short: did everything i could. now, the iead popped up to ask you friendly people to help me with sorting out the files. is there any basic file of making a game in the CS engine? or are there intro files to look at? any help would be appreciated :) i am using windows XP, the latest non-CVS version of CS, and visual C++ 6.0..

By the sound of it, your just learning C++
if your just learning C++ it would most likey be best to get some basic C++ programing experiance before trying to compile somebody elses code. theres often alot of errors that will seem meaningless unless you have delt with them yourself, and in such a complex codebase you won't understand whats going on.
I tryed it myself a few times before I had a good understanding of C++ and ended up with just a big mess. theres alot of 'new' consepts in C++ that are not in VB.

PS: Congrats on switching to C++, while it will take longer to learn, you will find yourself to soon like it.

First of all, i am a beginner yes :) but my way of learning is to look at a rather build-up commented piece of source code, and then try to understand all the commands, and make some small changes. learning by errors is the best way for me.. but anyway, i must have overseen somethig yesterday as i am finding a lot of usefull recourses now. Thanks a lot, i'm sure i will succeed in my mission :)

This topic is 4839 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.