Im designing a game.

Started by
16 comments, last by rrc2soft 19 years, 7 months ago
im designing a game called "Ultimate Chameo and the Legend of the Sol Blade" and i need a few pointers.if u could help out ii would be appreciated.
Ha ha ha thats funny....well if ur a goat. :P
Advertisement
Well, the first point is that you have a working title.

Secondly, you didn't give us much else to go on.
I am assuming from the title that this is a adventure RPG. OK can you be a bit more specific about the help you are looking for.

I would suggest reading the stickied post at the top about how to post more effectively
[s]I am a signature virus. Please add me to your signature so that I may multiply.[/s]I am a signature anti-virus. Please use me to remove your signature virus.

1. What type of game is it? We won't be of much help unless we know what you're making.

2. What are you coding it in?

3. What are your ideas for the game?

4. Is there a site for the game?

5. How far along are you?

6. Do you have any screenshots?

Your post is very general, please try to be specific. It's hard to give any pointers without knowing what you're doing or what you're looking for.
Ra
It's starting to feel like I'm sending everyone to this guy. Clicky is a designer who's written a series of lessons on game designing, how to get into the industry and how to design. Pay particular attention to game treatments.
[sub]Now I'm radioactive! That can't be good![/sub]
it is an Adventure RPG
i need to know what programs i need to design characters,maps,enemys and weapons.
i want the game to be made with C++
i havent started yet and i have many ideas for it. such as:

u can chose wat gender ur character is
wat weapon u start out with
wat bloodline you are
wat techniques you start out with ect....
Would I be wrong if i assumed you have no more than 6 months of programming experience?
-----------------Always look on the bright side of Life!
2D? 3D? D3D or OGL or *gasp* win32?

I've been working on an engine like that for over a month. Granted it's in VB6, D3D8.1, so I had a little less work to do. But then again I've been doing this stuff for 3+ years.

What is your background? Last project? Art skill (esp if you want to do 2D... I'm a professional sprite theif!) It's not easy, but it can be done.

But before you start, DESIGN THE THING! You'll want to lay out all your classes and class dependancies; trust me; I didn't and I've been having a hell of a time sorting everything out.

and umm... try not to use 1334 5p34k. Please.

Mushu - trying to help those he doesn't know, with things he doesn't know.
Why won't he just go away? An question the universe may never have an answer to...
I am not touching this one with a 10 foot pole.

Seriously, read the different boards. A lot of these questions have been asked.

After you have done some reading (like in a couple of days). Come and ask a specific question. Questions about which program is best would better fit on a different board such as general programming.

This board is more related to questions along the lines of:
Should I make my world wrap around on all sides?
or
Here are the attributes of my main character. How do I balance the enemies?

Like I said, take your time, do some reading, watch what others post, and come back with a specific question. We are always happy to discuss games, but the question you presented is a bit broad.
[s]I am a signature virus. Please add me to your signature so that I may multiply.[/s]I am a signature anti-virus. Please use me to remove your signature virus.
Quote:Original post by Acapulco
It's starting to feel like I'm sending everyone to this guy. Clicky is a designer who's written a series of lessons on game designing, how to get into the industry and how to design. Pay particular attention to game treatments.

Well that's a pretty fantastic link. Perhaps you should just keep sending everyone there :]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement